El Capitan Theatre Code of Conduct
For the safety and enjoyment of all of our guests, we ask that you comply with the following Code of Conduct while at the El Capitan Theatre.
Masks are required if you are not fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated guests are not required to wear a mask or physically distance while attending this screening. LA County recommends that no matter your vaccination status, you continue to wear a mask indoors. If you would like a mask to wear, please notify a cast member.
Face coverings must:
• Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth
• Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
• Be secured, for example, with ties or ear loops
• Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
• Costume masks are not considered face coverings. In alignment with our existing code of conduct, outlined below, costume masks may not be worn by any guests age 14 or older.
At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas, and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
Health Screening Checklist
Prior to traveling to the screening, please take your temperature and complete the following Health Screening Checklist. If you answer “Yes” to any one of these, please stay home and stay safe.
Take your temperature at home prior to coming to the screening. Is your temperature 100.4°F / 38°C or higher?
Do you have any of the following symptoms? Cough • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing • Fever or Chills • Muscle pain or body aches • New loss of taste or smell • Sore throat • New onset of nausea, diarrhea and vomiting• Any other posted symptoms from CDC Guidelines
Have you had close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days and have not completed the required self-quarantine period? Or are you awaiting results of a COVID-19 test due to possible exposure or symptoms?
When you check-in at the screening, you are confirming that you have passed the Health Screening Checklist above.
The following items and activities are prohibited in the Theatre:
• Outside food or beverage
• Alcoholic beverages
• Marijuana or any illegal substances
• Pocket knives, sharp objects, or weapons of any kind, or objects that appear to be weapons (also including toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.)
• Laser pointers
• Pepper Spray
• Fighting, shouting, threatening or offensive behavior
• Pets, except service animals (Trained service animals are welcome and must be wearing an identifying assistive-companion vest. Guests who use service animals must retain control of their animals at all times and should keep them on a leash or harness while visiting. Cast Members are not permitted to take control of service animals.)
• Any other items that we determine may be harmful or disruptive.
• Unauthorized recording/video or audio recording devices, including camcorders and tape recorders
By entering the Theatre, you consent to a physical search of your bags, personal belongings and person for recording devices or prohibited items. If you bring an unauthorized recording device into the Theatre, you consent to forfeiture of the device and its contents. If you attempt to use an unauthorized recording device, you consent to your immediate removal from the Theatre and forfeiture of the device. Unauthorized recording is against the law. 17 United States Code 501
Please follow all directions posted inside the theatre, including for entry, restroom access and in concession areas.
Please sit only in assigned seats and refrain from saving places in line for parties who are arriving later.
Children under the age of 12 should be accompanied by an adult.
Your bags and personal belongings may be subject to search for your own protection.
Appropriate attire, including shoes and shirts, is required at all times.
Costume masks may not be worn by any guests age 14 or older (unless required for medical purposes). When worn by younger guests, masks must provide unobstructed peripheral vision at all times with openings that allow the eyes to be fully seen.
Please refrain from talking during the presentation.
Please turn off audible cellphone and pager alarms.
Anyone who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed in the theatre.
Any guest who fails to comply with this Code of Conduct may be asked to leave the theatre. All laws will be strictly enforced. Theatre management reserves the right to amend this Code of Conduct at any time.
Thank You For Your Cooperation.